ANDREA MALJI – Admin
- BA International Political Economy & Diplomacy – University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT (2007) Summa Cum Laude
- MA Conflict and Security, International Affairs – The New School, New York City (2009)
- MA Political Science – University of Kentucky (2013)
- Ph.D. Political Science: International Relations and Comparative Politics (2015)
- Visiting Professor, Transylvania University, Lexington, KY, 2014-Present
- Visiting Professor, University of Kentucky, 2013-2014
- Instructor, University of Kentucky, 2009-2013.
- Anti-Money Laundering Analyst UBS Investment Bank, Stamford, CT,
- Instructor, US China Education and Cultural Exchange Center Fujian Province, China
- Clinical Aromatherapist Certificate: In progress Approximately 200 hours (of 400 hours) of a clinical aromatherapy certification complete from The Aromatherapy Institute. Focus on essential oil safety for young children, pregnant women
- Founder, Just the Essentials, LLC: Essential oil blends company based in Lexington Ky.
- Essential Oil Educator, Vibrant Life: Lead educational classes introducing essential oils and how to use them safely.
GINGER L. MOORE – Admin
- 1988 – Present: Self-study and continued education in alternative and complimentary health and beauty, including herbs/botanicals, nutrition, aromatherapy/essential oils, vintage and home remedies, natural ingredients, natural cosmetics, product formulation, skin care, etc. (including staying current on the evolving regulations).
- 1987: State of Tennessee – SCNA (Specialize Certified Nursing Assistant) Certification Training
- 1982 – 1985: General High School Education – Soddy-Daisy High School – Soddy-Daisy, TN
- 1967 – Present: Daily Living and Lifetime Education – School of Life and Hard Knocks University
- 2009 – Present: Founder-Owner; CEO/CCO; Cosmetics Formulator & Hand Producer – Neos Skin Care
- 2010 – Present: Homeschooler
- 2006 – Present: Mother
- 1997 – 2003: Secondary Personal Assistant to the Pastor of Congregational Care; Secondary Personal Assistant to the Pastor of Students/Youth (Abba’s House/CBCH)
- 1992 – Present: Wife; Homemaker
- 1989 – 1992: Personal Assistant/Office Manager/Interior Design Consultant (M & M Construction)
- 1987 – 1989: Specialized Certified Nursing Assistant (Hamilton County Nursing Home; Private Senior Rehab/Nursing Facility; Home Care/Private Sitting)
- 1986 – 1987: Retail: Produce Department Clerk; Customer Service/Cashier; Head Cashier (Nights); New Hire Trainer (Red Food Store)
- 1985 – 1986: Retail: Customer Service Clerk/Layaway Department Night Manager; Women’s Department Night Manager (Hill’s Department Store)
And more about me personally……
Other than just realizing after putting this on paper that I’m “very seasoned and mature” and not even remotely impressive compared to my team mates…. I’m a wife, mom, card-carrying home educator, solo entrepreneur running a growing premium handcrafted cosmetics company, a professional cosmetics/personal care/home care product formulator, blogger, writer and lifetime learner. I’m also a deacon’s wife and a Christian ministry leader for 18+ years with extensive training and experience in Christian ministry, counseling and teaching on top of about 10 or 12 years before that spent leading and working with children’s and youth ministries. In the last couple of years, I became a published author, contributing to a compilation book about grief, and joined the editing team with two independent publishing companies. I currently have a couple of books of my own in the works which are going at a snail’s pace. So I guess you can say I have my hands full and then some. Oh…and I’m about as southern as they come, being born and raised in Tennessee.
I married the man of my dreams in 1992 and we have one child, born to us later in life and after 14 years of marriage, by no choice of our own or from lack of trying. Long story but I’ll just say he was conceived naturally when they said “Not gonna happen”. We live in the beautiful mountains of Southeast TN in a rural setting with our sweet Miss Dottie, a Cheagle we rescued from a local animal shelter and a variety of “wild guests” who visit us often.
Having grown up with “home remedies” and “the old folks’ way of doing things”, I was used to “alternatives” for everything from health to personal care and beyond. But I became intensely interested in learning more about alternative and complementary medicine and more natural skin and home care as a young adult around the age of 19 or 20 while caring for my elderly patients and listening to their stories about what they did “in the old days”. So I set out to learn everything I possibly could about everything I could relating to health, home and beauty care. This was in the mid/late 1980’s so my journey began before the internet and the resources we now have. It wasn’t as easy of an undertaking as it is now, let me tell you. I relied on real live people and verbal relay of info a good many times along with written words when I could find them. In the last 25+ years, I’ve literally invested thousands of hours researching and seeking to learn more about alternative care options such as herbs, nutrition, essential oils, homeopathic and holistic medicine, beauty and home care, cosmetics, how the body and mind works, etc. It all interests me.
As you can see from my “experience” above, I’ve worked retail, been in management, interior design and construction, worked hand in hand with pastoral staff of a large church with a global ministry where we are also members and had the privilege of serving our greatest generation as a SCNA caring for terminally ill, non-ambulatory and skilled care requirement patients in nursing homes and home health care. I gave that up when my emotions just couldn’t take it any longer. You get very attached to patients you care for daily for extended periods of time. At least I did.
In 2009, out of personal necessity, I took my years of interest, knowledge and experience in all these areas and started Neos Skin Care, a premium handcrafted cosmetics company, where we serve retail, wholesale and private label customers and clients all across the USA with high end, high performance skin care products.
Since we do have so many choices available to glean from now, I’ve just recently decided to take my interest to a new level and plan to pursue a more formal education in aromatherapy, as soon as I am able to work it into my already busy life and get the funds to do so. I hope to go on to get formal training in herbalism and possibly go as far as becoming an ND as well. I like to have my bases covered. After 30 years of being out of school, this could get really interesting. If you hear someone hollering “HELP!”….Yes, that will probably be me. Please…..Send homework help! Or at least a housekeeper to do the dirty work while I study. *wink-giggle*
Now you know more than you ever wanted to about me. Sorry about that, btw. Anything else ya’ wanna know, just ask me. I may not tell you, but then again, I just might. ——————————————————————————————————————————–
GAIL M. HARRIS – Admin
- 1987 – Certificate of Swedish Massage
- 1988 – Certificate of Relaxation Massage
- 1991 – Diploma of Health (Remedial Massage)
- 1988 – Current – Manual Lymph Drainage; DNA, Reiki Level 1 & 2; Hot Stone Massage, Bamboo Massage; Flower Essence Healing; Colour Healing; Aromatherapy Intuitive Healing and Blending; Crystal Healing; Meditation and Pranic Healing
- 2015 – “Aromatherapy for Natural Living”; “How to Protect your Families from Cold and Flu”; “Introduction to Essential Oils”; “Body Butters and Lip Balms” (Aromahead Institute); “Essential Oils for Families” (Vintage Remedies)
Experience and More
I have been working as a self employed Remedial Therapist for 27 yrs and using essential oils, colour and crystals as part of my healing treatments. I am Australian, a single mum of 2 and Gran of 2 boys. I built my own home 10 yrs ago and live by myself on my 3 -1/2 acres with my chooks and dogs. I have been researching and learning about essential oils for the last 12+ months as I have been sensitized due to misuse and hope my learning can help guide others to safer use. ——————————————————————————————————————————–
TRISH FRANCIS (TRICIA) –
Admin Assistant I started my journey in the herbal world over 20 years ago. I was searching for alternatives to OTC and pharmaceuticals to treat common ailments like colds, flu and even minor cuts, scrapes and burns. One of my beliefs is that so many of the prolific occurrences of asthma, allergies and even Autism are due to the over use of pharmaceutical antibiotics and other drugs. Since that time I have become enthralled with essential oils and their potent medicinal properties. I am self-taught, and by no means an expert on aromatherapy but I am learning something new every day. I tend to subscribe to the “common sense” theory at this stage of my learning. Honestly this is how I approach most things in my life. I live a quiet life in southern NV with my dog Jax, who is my fur-kid, having no children of my own. There are so many outside toxins that bombard and invade our lives every day that we have no control over. I feel that I am doing my own small part in keeping myself as healthy as can be by using essential oils and herbs, to make not only a lot my own body and cleaning products, to keep these invaders at bay.