Have you had a bad reaction to essential oils? Do you know of someone (individual or business) who is making medical claims for the essential oils they sell? It’s time to take action.
Note: It’s not necessary for you to be injured or to have experienced an adverse effect in order to report dangerous products.
The following will direct to you where and how to file complaints and report problems to the Food & Drug Administration as is appropriate.
- If your report involves a life-threatening situation, call 1-866-300-4374 or 301-796-8240 immediately. (Also contact your health professional for medical advice).
- For Consumers: Bad Reaction? Tell FDA.
- MedWatch is the FDA’s problem-reporting program. You can fill out their Online Voluntary Reporting Form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form.
- To report adverse reactions or other problems with FDA-regulated products, contact the FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator for the state in which you reside.
- You can also fill out the form on the FDA’s Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet page.
- Forward emails or send screenshots to email@example.com.